Saturday, April 21, 2012

Touch Me Not's


I was thinking about ole remedies last night to share. I don’t know what made me think of the “Touch Me Not’s”.  For those who don’t know “Touch Me Not’s” are flowers. My Grandma kept them on each side of the front door stoop in ole foot tubs. I was one of those children that wanted to know why? My Grandma didn’t answer question; it was always because “I said so”. Any way I loved those little buds and I got my butt spanked for messing with them. If you touched the bud the flower would open; like magic. But then you would lose the seeds. My Mama and my Grandma would tie up some of the flowers in little pieces of handkerchief and pin them in our under shirts. Last night it came to me “Touch Me Not’s”; those little packets were to protect us. Just thought I’d share that and if you can find them they are wonderful plants to have. Momma Starr

2 comments:

  1. Good one.

    Now, this isn't really conjure, but forget-me-nots were similarly used to help maintain fidelity when couples were apart. I used to grow them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot about the "For Get Me Not's". Momma Starr

      Delete