Thursday, April 19, 2012

Hoodoo/ Conjure Is It Worth It?


I put that little website up in I think 2008, sometimes I think that was the biggest mistake I have ever made; trying to teach folks the right way to work within a Tradition that can help them live happy, prosperous lives. Earlier I said I wasn’t gonna hold back and I’m not. I have been asked at least a thousand times WHY I’m on AIRR. I have been attacked by folks who don’t even know me because of my association with Cat and AIRR; but I have stuck it out and stood by my decision to join AIRR. The concept of AIRR is a wonderful thing; but I’m getting side tracked.

To get to that I have to go back to 2008; sometime in 2008 I was teaching some classes at a local shop. The shop wasn’t doing real well and I told one of the girls who could do web work that we should put up a website. I have been making my own products for years. We would use my recipes for oils and such for the website. Sound really good right? WRONG! I think that she thought because I was so giving I’d just turn my recipes over to her. I realized this much later. I didn’t know how to set up a website and she didn’t know how to make Conjure products. So she was to put up the website and I would make the products for us to sell we would be equal partners.

Months went by and nothing happened. By this time I liked the idea of having a website somewhat. I couldn’t make up my mind. I was on the fence about it, but my children, Dr. LB and some of my other students kept hounding me about it until I decided to put it up. Why the hell did I do that; all hell broke loose. This ole girl went nuts. She tried to turn Cat against me by telling her I wanted to look in her course book to steal her information. We all know how Cat is about her work and such. I had a little website selling designer bags {which Cat knew about much to my surprise} so I just closed it and opened Old Style Conjure.

I was raised by a Mama who didn’t believe in running from a problem; you faced it head on. So I called Cat and talked to her about the situation. The best way to remedy the lies was for Cat to get to know me. Really get to know me. I took her course which I didn’t need but it is a requirement to join AIRR. I went to the Lucky Mojo the following May. I took Cats Jack Ball class which was great and I gave a class. There is a side of Cat that really touched my heart and I would never do anything to hurt her. I felt her spirit and I understand her. Will I bow down to her absolutely not; I walk my own road solo. I always have and I always will. I try to mind my own business until someone gets in my face. If you push me I will push back. So that’s how I got involved with Cat. I hope that answers everyone question on that front. Weather folks like it are not Cat holds the power to make or break most workers; because she MADE them. She didn’t make me; I don’t hide behind her or anyone else.

Now back to that little website that bothers so many people. I have had hell since I put that site up. That site has cost me more than it has made me but I want give up EVER. Knock me down but I’ll pull myself back up. That little site has been hacked so much I’m surprised it hasn't crashed for good. I have been through about {5} or {6} pc’s since I put up that site because I keep getting Trojans and viruses. The worst was {2} years ago I was working on the site and all this code just dropped down out of nowhere going crazy. After that the pc died. The next pc I bought got a Trojan on it that can’t be killed lol, it just keeps coming back. Not to long ago I couldn't go into a certian website. I could go all over the internet but I was unable to log in to a certian website I was locked out. I had to end up calling HP who in turn called my server who fixed the problem. “Wonder who that Hacker was?”

That’s not counting the death work that got sent to me because a young worker didn't know what to do with it after it was put together. The soldier’s spirit that was used kicked their ass. It did a job wreaking havoc over here too. I had to go to Mr. Robert for help to finally drive it away and clean up the mess it caused in my family. I didn't call this worker out or point fingers. I just cleaned up the mess and went on. I kept my mouth shut. Well that ain't happening no more.
That brings us to today; I had to call yahoo because my site was really messed up. They had to delete the whole site and put it back up. Someone called to check on me and they heard a lot of what was being said. {Cleaned up; sorry for the temper} Momma Starr

14 comments:

  1. Momma Starr,

    Becareful not to cut your nose off to spite your face. These past few blog entries have been distressing to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can really say is "wow." You know who you are and what you're doing, so there really isn't much else to say beside that. What I will add is that I am really excited to take your oils and herbs course at some point; I am still saving with both in mind and I'm pretty close. I'm happy you're not quitting teaching the work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I just had a little temper fit today that might have been long over due. Having to redo the whole website was the topping on the cake. I'm just sorry I lost it lol that doesn't happen very often. Momma Starr

      Delete
    2. My friend's website got stripped down earlier in the month. She's not sure if it was a hacker, but I'd bet it was. From her account it was devastating (her website contains her spirit, and the spirit of the community is the best way I'd describe it). She did turn it into a positive opportunity to reformat and upgrade the look of the site, so there's that. Point is, I can understand how that would be the final straw. I had someone liken it to each problem being a block, and you'd pick on up and put it in your arms; eventually you're unable to hold onto the pile of blocks and they start to spill over until most if not all come crashing down/pouring out.

      Delete
    3. Yelp that about sums it up. It just becomes an overload. It's all good, we turn it into a positive. Momma Starr

      Delete
  3. Dear Momma Starr, your writings here have helped me so much, also Drlovebug, I read my Bible daily, I live in southern Europe and the postalcharges are extremly expensive, but I'm saving so that I'll be able to purchase a book and your card kit..for ppl like me your blog is like manna from the Lord.....
    thanking you from my heart..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. It's all good; I just had a moment but I'm good now. Momma Starr

      Delete
  4. I am so very grateful for the knowledge and wisdom you've been willing to share with the world, Mama Starr. You have been very gracious and generous... far more than most rootworkers! You & I come from the same culture and have people from the same area. I am eternally grateful that you are working to preserve our traditions and ways. They are dying out and changing and being lost, but it's apparent you really care. Thank you so very much, Mama Starr. God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lee. I think other than having my Children and my Husband this is the most important thing to me at this stage of my life.Sometimes I think I might be to much of a hard nose about it but then I think about how important it is to keep it alive. Momma Starr

      Delete
  5. Momma Starr, I just want to let you know that I have so much respect for you. When I came to you I had no idea that I was dealing with the real deal! Thank GOD he put you in my path! I only can say WOW... You have been through a whole lot of mess!!!
    -Your buggaboo...hehehe... XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where is your profile in the AIRR website? I can't find you Mama Starr...

    ReplyDelete