Monday, April 2, 2012

Laying Trick's


I wrote this in a post around 2004 or 2005 on a yahoo group I use to own called Hoodoo_Rootwork. You remember this Dr.LB? Its good information so I thought I would share it on the blog. Momma Starr



Laying Trick's(c)Starr

 The laying of trick's is a big part of Hoodoo. You can lay a trick anywhere the person will walk or place the powder or oil on anything they will touch. You can place the oil on the bottom of their shoe's or place oil on their sox or under clothes. The trick is to name the person the trick is meant for and to pray your petition. I have read that people believe you have to turn around and other stuff to make it work. That's not true! I have used this type of conjure many times over the year's. I have also read where you need to make an X with the powder, this is also not true; I use a line and it works  just fine or I will make a cross that has the same effect. I have rubbed oil's on the bottom of shoe's  by making 3 crosses and stating what I want to happen. One time I set a trick by placing three  lines of power in a person's drive way next to their car. There are no rule's in Hoodoo; no strict code one must follow. A lot of what you find now day's is  a bunch of new age crap. I don't think in the old day's people had a lot of time to work on trick's and such. I know my family worked in the tobacco field's from dawn till dusk Monday- Friday and Saturday a half of day. They used what was on hand.  Now back to laying trick's. I'll give a few example's; one with powder and another using oil made for the right intent.

Let's say I wanted to cause confusion in someone’s home. Maybe to hide something one of them was doing. I would make a powder up using corn starch as my base; to this I would add dirt dauber nest, red pepper and maybe a drop of vinegar. Then I would go to their house or call them to come to mine. I would sprinkle the powder and call their name three times telling them what my intent is. That's it! It's a done deal. No Hocus Pocus!

 Now I want to make someone return my love...... so I  will make up an oil of High John, lavender and calamas. I will place this oil where I know they  will come in contact with it or I will rub it on my hand's and touch them with the oil. Again I will call them three time's and state my intent.  To learn what work's best for you try out thing's people tell you about or you have read. This is the way you learn and grow. Change what doesn't feel  right to you. There is no right way or wrong way to do a thing; if someone claim's their way is the only way you better run as fast as you can; because they are so blind by their self-importance that they can't help you or themselves. No one knows it all lol.

4 comments:

  1. Oh yes I remember your old yahoo group Hoodoo_Root work. This is some good information. It reminds me of some of the first tricks I learned. Drlovebug

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! I found all that information. Lord that was a long time ago. Momma Starr

      Delete
  2. I like it because few people seem to lay down stuff anymore, other than enemy work. It's either candles or jar work that most people seem to be hooked on. I will blow some powder on a sleeping person and dress a dornob in a hearbeat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not me Doc, I'm very tricky just like I was taught. Momma Starr

      Delete