Tuesday, April 17, 2012

How I Teach


I didn’t want to fill Doc’s blog with this so I am posting it here. I teach the Traditional  way. If you are going to do Traditional Conjure you MUST include the Bible and the Trinity {God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit}. There is a lot of talk about Pagans and Witches stealing the information and turning it into something else. I personally haven’t seen that. Orion Foxwood and I did a Bible workshop last November at the Folk Magic Festival in NOLA.

The place was packed with Pagans and Witches who I think was just as nervous as I was about the workshop but wanted to see what it was all about. I think we all learned something. These folks were there to learn the right way to do Traditional work. I think everyone walked away from that workshop blessed and also with a new understanding of how powerful Gods word really is.

I call these folks my friends and my students. That is the whole point of the festival is to teach hands on work. I don’t think that Pagan folks have been turned off by God; they have been turned off by the close mindedness of the Churches and the folks in them. The folks that took that workshop were there to learn and they did.  The church is not God! God should be the church but it isn’t always like that. THE BIBLE IS GODS WORD! That is what should be worked with in Traditional Conjure.

There is someone on the blog who spent almost {5} hours here learning from me yesterday; maybe they will speak up.

Momma Starr

5 comments:

  1. Momma Starr! That was probably me on here LOL. I love your blog - I didnt know you had one so of course I read everything! LOL Oh and much love Dr Lovebug! My fellow capricorn! Asinia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Asinia glad to see you with us, but it was someone esle that came to my little shop to learn. Momma Starr

      Delete
  2. Hey Asinia! I'm glad to see you here. I hope things are well with you sista goat, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say that the Bible workshop was powerful! For me personally, it started the healing process to the "wounds" growing up gay and Catholic in a small Nebraska town. God bless the folks in that church, they meant well and did the best they could with what they knew.

    Since the workshop, I have been working with my Bible a lot more and the Trinity. There is a big difference in how the conjure work feels and the movement to it! The experience of reconnecting to the Bible has been wonderful.

    It has been an honour to learn from Momma Starr and everyone that puts on the Folk Magic Festival and look forward to it each year! It is truly a blessing and an honour to the ancestors of conjure by keeping this work alive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Honey. This is why I do what I do. So many folks have been hurt but its time to heal and move forward in our personal power that God gave each of us. Momma Starr

      Delete