Saturday, March 3, 2012

OLD STYLE CONJURE CARD READING KIT




I have been a worker for almost {40} years. I have always wanted to make a deck of cards for Conjure workers to work with. The simple fact is that I have never been able to read the tarot; this has made me want to have a deck of cards anyone could read. These cards have been in the making for almost {10} years, I have just been sitting on them; but when my niece passed a couple of months ago at the age of 29 it made me realize that life is too short to put things off. Most Traditional workers read the playing cards and it is my hope that I can preserve some of the old ways with this deck of cards.
 The cards come in a kit. The kit contains the deck of cards, a booklet, candle, ½ oz. bottle of oil and a prayer cloth. The prayer cloth can be used to lay the cards out on during a reading and to keep the cards wrapped in. The booklet is in full color with pictures; it will illustrate how to work with the deck while doing conjure work. I have photographed the layouts of the cards, so you can see how they can be laid out for doing conjure work. Keeping with Traditional conjure each card has a Bible verse that goes with the card. These verses can be prayed over any work being done with that card. The deck fits well in your hands for shuffling. The deck measure 3x4, it is made with good card stock. As far as I know this is the first deck of its kind. A conjure deck!

A excerpt from the OSC Card Reading Kit.(c)
The Ancestors are talking it’s time to honor your dead kinfolks


But your dead will live, LORD; their bodies will rise let those who dwell in the dust wake up and shout for joy your dew is like the dew of the morning; the earth will give birth to her dead.

"But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead. He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us. On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us, as you help us by your prayers. Then many will give thanks on our behalf for the gracious favor granted us in answer to the prayers of many."


The Reading Card Kit can be found on the Old Style Conjure website. Momma Starr
http://oldstyleconjure.com/CardReadingKit.html

2 comments:

  1. Very nice!! I really like this idea, I do have tarot cards and can somewhat read them just have to practice more. I tried learning with a regular deck, but found it hard to memorize what was what! Another thing added to my list to buy!

    ReplyDelete