Tuesday, March 13, 2012

How to Give a Spiritual Foot Washing


How to Give a Spiritual Foot Washing
The most important thing to remember if you decide to offer spiritual foot washing as
a service is that you treat the process with honor,
love and respect. It states in the
bible that we should carry on spiritual foot washings in
John 13 V 15.John 13 v 15 “For I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to
you”

The whole purpose of the foot washing is to refresh the person’s spirit; but in this
process I have found that by doing the foot washing my own spirit is some how
refreshed. When we humble ourselves to honor our fellow man by washing their feet
and saying
prayers for them we are also blessed. Like everything else no two
workers will do a spiritual foot washing the same way. There is no right way or wrong
way to do a
foot washing. I think each worker lets the spirit guide them in their work.
One thing that I think we all agree on is that the basin must be a metal pan or tub.
Plastic basins shouldn’t be used.

I’m sharing the way I conduct a spiritual foot washing as a guideline, for those who
have never done a foot washing and would like too. Like everything else I write this
is not written in stone; take what information you can use and leave the rest alone.

Some workers use a spiritual soap and fresh water when they do a foot washing.
When I was young I remember our church having a foot washing. The lady who did
the foot washing added
rose oil or rose water to the fresh water. I remember it
smelled like roses. When I first started doing foot washings I only used fresh water;
over the years my style has changed. One thing that has never varied is the
blessing of the water and the use of white towels.

I always
bless the water in the Name of God the Father God the Son and God the
Holy Spirit. I also always ask that God remove all things that need to be removed
from the person and to fill them with his
cleansing and healing power.

Most of the time I use kosher salt, bluing and a little
van van oil in my water or I will
use holy oil. There have been times when I have used an herbal wash. Once I have
my water ready I pray over the water, then I place the clients feet into the basin. I
was taught to wash downward from the knee to the feet. I prefer to use my hands for
this so I can pick up any energy on the person. I pray the whole time I am washing
their legs and feet.

I’m not going to tell you what to pray.
Prayer is very personal and should come from
your heart. When I feel the time is right I remove their feet from the water and place
them on a white towel, I then dry their legs and feet; while repeating my
prayers. I
then dress their knees and feet with oil, all the while praying. I have been blessed
with the gift of lying on hands, so I will dress the heart area with the
oil, the forehead
and the back of the neck. I then place my left hand on their forehead and my right on
their neck and pray for them to be
healed if they are ill and to be given power where
they are weak. This is my basic
foot washing technique, unless spirit leads me to do
something different.

No comments:

Post a Comment