Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Hoodoo Facts About Rosemary

Rosemary is an herb I grew up around. My mama kept a large pot of it on the front porch. Rosemary is one of the easiest herbs to grow. Once it takes root it basically tends to its self. I have never researched the plant until now; I thought I might find something new about it that I hadn’t been taught growing up and I found something very interesting in the Wikipedia on-line under Mythology;      The Virgin Mary is said to have spread her blue cloak over a white-blossomed rosemary bush when she was resting, and the flowers turned blue. The shrub then became known as the 'Rose of Mary”.

I was taught that Rosemary keeps the wife/Mother with the upper hand of the household. I tend to believe this because my Mama ran our house. I have a large pot growing on my breeze way; when I water it the smell just wafts up and it reminds me of my Mama. Funny how we associate smells with people. Rosemary is also good for protection, cleansing and some say prosperity work. It is well known amongst ole conjurers that Rosemary is a woman’s herb and she always gives the woman the upper hand!

If you are Wife and or a Mother you need this trick. Take a photo of the family place it in the center of a white handkerchief; on top of the photo sprinkle a pinch of Rosemary, Loveage, and Solomons Seal. Then roll the handkerchief towards you and then tie it in a knot, making a packet. Since the kitchen is the heart of the home, place the packet on top of the fridge-Adair. If there are issues within the home take the packet down and pray that peace rain; then return it back on top of the fridge. Momma Starr

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post, I did a post in my blog as well about what I found out about it looking for rosemary uses!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is your blog? Post the link here; I'd like to take a look at it. Momma Starr

    ReplyDelete