Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Two Greatest Commandments

Matthew 22:35-40

King James Version (KJV)
35 Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,
36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

The two commandments above that Jesus spoke are the most important in Conjure work. First you have to love God with all your heart because God is love. God is joy. When you are dealing with the Higher Power you have to give your all to God because that is where the power comes from.

After you consecrate yourself to God and you let Spirit move in your life you must share that love with others who need it. This is what's missing in Hoodoo on the Internet. Some online workers are too busy trying to make money and cash out on desperate folks troubles.

There are some people who need help that can't afford to have work done. I compare "some" of these folks (only some!!!) to a homeless person needing a little food and water. Will you turn down a hungry mouth? I know I never would. As spiritually minded people we need to get back to that mentality and learn to love our neighbors as well as ourselves. God is love and love is meant to be shared with others.

This applies to all areas of our lives including Conjure Work. Just some food for thought...Drlovebug

5 comments:

  1. Thank you, Dr. Lovebug. The world needs more love. Here in NC a law was just passed making a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage. I'm so sad about this... there is a lot of hatred in my state right now. I think people have forgotten that God is Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You welcome Lee. That law banning gay marriage in your state will be reversed eventually. Texas is also a very conservative state but in general my state has become more accepting at least in my opinion.

    Several years ago we had a 116 year old sodomy law that was reversed concerning an interacial gay couple. Around the same time Houston had its first openly gay mayor sworn into office.

    Change is coming so people need to let up and accept it. Gays have every right to love just like everyone else so we should be able to get married.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy you wrote about this, because people do need to open up and show more compassion and share love.

    BTW I proposed (to my very obnoxious step-father) that the simple solution would be to ban all marriage as a civil contract and make everyone go through domestic partnership agreements since marriage is spiritual. He hated the idea, and has not changed his opinion but hopefully it gave him some insight as to what my sister-in-law and her wife (both of whom he knows and likes) have to deal with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This week has been rough. People throwing up Bible verses against homosexuality left and right-- I feel like I'm going to snap! Dr. Lovebug, how do you deal with the anti-gay verses in the Bible. I just say, "I don't believe that way; I think the Bible is wrong on that issue." Which has led some people to say I ain't a real Christian then; one relative even said I was anti-Christ! All this mess has me so angry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this post! So many people forget what Jesus himself told us!

    ReplyDelete