Thursday, June 7, 2012

To Shake or Not to Shake


I got an e-mail asking me to explain the difference in letting your jar work sit or shaking it up. There seems to be some confusion or misunderstanding about shaking up your work. In the end it doesn’t matter who says what it is up to the worker to do what they think is best. People complain to me all the time about their honey jars that don’t work; and I always say the same thing “maybe they ain’t working cause you are just letting them sit there”. Burning a candle on a jar without any movement is a waste of a good candle.

Here’s an example that every good cook knows. If you are cooking beans and you don’t stir them they will STICK to the bottom of the pot and burn. So if you are doing this honey jar (which the honey will crystalize in sooner or later that is why syrup works best}; you put it together then you sit it on a space and leave it there the only thing that is gonna happen for a long time is all the ingredients will go to the bottom of the jar and do NOTHING. I’m not saying that it is wrong to work this way, I don’t have the right to say someone is doing THEIR work wrong; I’m just saying that without movement nothing will happen.

When you shake the jar up you are causing the work to shift, to move around. That along with your prayer and petition will get the jar moving. Don’t take my word for it; try it! BTW I can’t stand messy ass folks! Just saying.  Momma Starr

4 comments:

  1. "shake it, don't break it" :) i mean, literally, i was shaking my jar so hard and speaking with fervor that my jar spun out of my hands--luckily, it landed on my bed! :) thanks for your explanation, ms. starr! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome K. I love the "shake it don't break it". Momma Starr

      Delete
  2. great advice....till now i never shake my honey jar(I see that "I do not see any progress", but I think all it needs is time,lol)...only vinegar jar i was shaking with all my angers.. :)
    now i need to do this,shake honey jar before i spend all my candles for nothing ..lol.. TNX Momma Star for sharing this <3

    ReplyDelete