Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Garrett Snuff/Tube Rose Snuff

I hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday. I had a house full. My brother came for a visit and we were talking about stuff that we saw when we were growing up. The subject came around to our Grandma and dipping snuff. We had a good laugh at each other; because we had both as children tried to dip it like Grandma did and ended up getting sick as dogs. Our Grandma dipped snuff for as long as I can remember. My brother reminded me of how she would place a small pinch on each side of the door stoop. I had forgotten. That's something you don't hear about anymore. Just wanted share some info that was remembered. Momma Starr

5 comments:

  1. My mother use to dip Peach snuff and my grandmother dipped Salty (I think that's what it was called).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use to mess with my grandma's chickens when I was little. I have always loved them birds. I'd hold the chicks, which I knew was a big no no and if she caught me she would spit juice in my hand. I would cry and she would say leave them chicks alone they are food not a pet. I can laugh about it now but when I was little I would have a fit, you would have thought she beat me half to death. Momma Starr

      Delete
  2. Momma star, what was the purpose or use for putting the tobacco in the door way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snuff is made from tobacco so it would have the same properties. Tobacco has a protective property about it but not only that it can be used for domination. WhenI was really young I learned to make a packet out of a tobacco leaf. As the leaf dried the work became stronger. Momma Starr

      Delete